Emphasis in judging will be placed on a goal statement that includes specific information on experience or steps taken toward the goal, persuasiveness (e.g., how your past achievements/experiences and your future planning increase the probability of reaching your goal), why you think that you will succeed, and also grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Only one application is allowed per student in this scholarship competition.
- Applicants must intend to enroll in an accredited educational institution for the 2022-23 academic year.
- Applicants must complete all required information on the entry form.
- Essays must be the applicants’ original work and no more than 550 words in length.
- Essays must be entered via cut/paste on our scholarship application form on this website. Essays will be truncated to the limit specified.
- Essay submissions are stored and reviewed as “plain text” without additional markup. Please make note of this when crafting your essay.
- Applicants’ names, addresses, and other identifying information must not be included in their essays.
- By submitting the form electronically via our website, applicants provide their digital signature certifying that their information and essays are their own work and that they have read these rules and guidelines.
- Applications must be submitted online on or before 11:59 p.m. Central (4:59 GMT), on Jan. 15, 2022.
- Application judging is done anonymously. The judges do not know who has entered the competition. If, by chance, you know a scholarship judge, do not contact that individual regarding the competition or your application may be disqualified. Instead, questions regarding the competition should be directed to Director@mensafoundation.org.
The decision of the judges is final.