- September 15, 2016
- Mensa Foundation scholarship period starts Sept. 15
Starting this month, the Mensa Foundation welcomes applications to its scholarship program. More than 150 scholarships are being offered. Only one of the scholarships requires membership in Mensa. All scholarships offered by the Mensa Foundation are essay-based.
- July 15, 2016
- Mensa Foundation Elects New Board President
The Mensa Education and Research Foundation supports and celebrates the work of intelligent people through its scholarships, awards program and gifted youth outreach. The Foundation has announced changes in its board leadership with the election of Marie Mayer as its new Board President. Dave Remine ended his term as President on July 1.
- July 5, 2016
- Mensa Education and Research Foundation celebrates San Diego Brain Injury Foundation
The Mensa Foundation presented its Laura Joyner Award to the San Diego Brain Injury Foundation for their work in improving the quality of life for brain injury survivors and their families living in San Diego County. The award was presented at The Foundation’s annual Colloquium held at the Town and Country Resort and Convention Center.
- June 14, 2016
- Colloquium to Examine Flora, Fauna and the Future
In concert with the famed San Diego Zoo, The Mensa Education & Research Foundation will explore the current and future states of genetics at its 2016 Colloquium: Flora, Fauna and the Future, scheduled June 28 at the Town and Country Resort and Convention Center in San Diego.
- September 30, 2015
- Mensa Foundation Honors Dr. Ranko Rajovic with International Intellectual Benefits to Society Award
Focused on sensory-motor and cognitive development of children, Dr. Rajovic's work integrates play with learning for children with impulse-control issues, developmental disorders, and learning disabilities and aids in the identification of gifted youth early in their development.
- September 28, 2015
- Mensa Foundation Recognizes Heuser Hearing Institute for Decades of Service
Since 1948, the Heuser Hearing and Language Academy (HHLA) has served students with hearing loss and their families by providing education options, therapy options and other support. The Mensa Foundation selected the Heuser Hearing and Language Academy as the recipient of the Laura Joyner Award for its outstanding work in the area of human intelligence.
- September 23, 2015
- Mensa Foundation Honors Dr. Antonella D’Alessandro for Safety Innovation
For her research into the development of building materials that can detect structural issues, the Mensa Education & Research recognizes Assistant Professor Antonella D’Alessandro with its International Copper Black Award for Creative Intelligence.
- August 27, 2015
- Eau Claire Resident Appointed to Mensa Foundation Board
Lessa Scherrer of Eau Claire, Wis., has been named a trustee of the Mensa Education & Research Foundation. She has been an active member of American Mensa for 11 years, including service as chair of the Gifted Youth and Scholarship committees. She also founded and edited YM², the Young Mensan magazine.
- August 18, 2015
- Superior Township Resident Appointed to Mensa Foundation Board
Guy Conti of Superior Township, Mich., has been named as a trustee to the Mensa Education and Research Foundation. He has been an active member of American Mensa for 21 years.
- August 14, 2015
- Mensa Foundation Selects Myrielle Badio for 2015 Distinguished Teacher Award
Myrielle Badio, an advanced mathematics teacher from Coral Springs, Fla., was nominated by one of her students for the positive impact she's made on his educational experience.
- July 28, 2015
- Mensa Foundation Honors Dr. Robert Leishear for Creative Intelligence
Watching news coverage of the Fukushima Daichi nuclear tragedy in Japan, Dr. Robert Leishear of Aiken, S.C., gained an insight that led him to develop a theory that helps identify causes of industrial fires and explosions.
- July 24, 2015
- Intellectual Benefits to Society Award Winner Honored by Mensa Foundation
The developer of a program to help improve treatment methods for those who live with conditions such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and depression has won the 2015 Intellectual Benefits to Society Award given by the Mensa Education and Research Foundation.
- January 31, 2015
- International Lifetime Achievement Award Winner Honored By the Mensa Foundation
The Mensa Education & Research Foundation named Dr. Joan Freeman of London, England, the recipient of the 2014 International Lifetime Achievement Award.